When you’re renting a property with Watersons, we keep everything hassle-free and as simple as we can.
See a property you like? Call our Rentals team and arrange a viewing. If you think you can make your home there, fill in the forms online and we’ll get back to you when the vetting process is sorted. (There’s a lot of competition out there, so it might take a few days.)
We’ll do the negotiating for you, so all you have to do is sign on the dotted line, pay your deposit (usually the first month’s rent) and collect the keys on moving day.
Our Rentals team will have checked everything over for you, to make sure it’s clean and tidy, and up-to-date with working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. There’s a photographic inventory of everything so you can rest easy, knowing that we’re looking after your best interests.
If anything goes wrong, all you have to do is call our team and we’ll get it put right for you. And when you leave, all you have to do is make sure that everything looks just the same as it did when you moved in.
It couldn’t be simpler. You’re in safe hands. We like to do things exceptionally well. Without exception.
Step by step guide to renting
- View a property with us.
- Fill out our application form.
- Be prepared to pay a holding deposit of 1 week’s rent should the landlord accept your application.
- Provide our referencing company, with all of the relevant paperwork and documentation they request (listed below).
- Once the referencing has been checked, we draw up the contract and send it to the landlord for their approval.
- Once the agreement has been approved by the landlord, you electronically sign the contract.
- You will then be asked to pay the first month’s rent (minus the holding deposit) and the security deposit.
- Come to our Rentals Office in Hale or Sale to collect the keys to your new property along with all relevant tenancy paperwork, including a photographic inventory.
- You then have 7 working days to go through the photographic inventory and make any changes necessary. At the end of your tenancy, this is what the property will be compared to.
If your application is successful, you will need to provide the following to our referencing company.
- Scan or clear picture of passport
- Document showing proof of address (phone bill, bank statement etc) or home ownership (Building insurance doc, mortgage statement, land reg doc etc)
- Proof of earnings:
- Employed – 3 months’ wage slips and contract/offer letter if you have not yet started your job or if you’ve just started it.
- Self-employed – most recent full submitted HMRC tax return
- Director of a company – P60 AND 3 months’ payslips OR your most recently-submitted HMRC tax return.
For any fees or information relating to a tenancy, click here.